Gedanken zu Experience und Service Design

Zur Zeit wird gefiltert nach: English
Filter zurücksetzen

Data-Need Fit

The constantly increasing amounts of available data create new opportunities in all areas of the business world. Few visionary companies already leverage their data for new services and business models. But for most organizations, that is still in out in the future with little guidance available on how to create new business models from data


This post introduces a process for a way to create new business models starting from data. For a value proposition to be attractive, data must relate to relevant user needs – there must be a Data-Need Fit.


Data Canvas

07.09.2015 in Business DesignEnglish  von Katrin Mathis
Data Canvas – Tool to use data for new business models

The buzzword “Big Data” summarizes the developments in the IT world coming from the fact that the amount of data is growing faster than the technology to process it. However, in spite of the rapidly growing amount of available data, in 2012, according to inter-trade organization BITKOM, only 4% of German companies used big data as the basis for new business models.


No wonder, the employees who work with data on a daily basis are normally not involved in developing new business models. In the same way, those employees, whose job it is to take care of developing new business models, do not normally have a comprehensive knowledge of the entire spectrum of available data.


To spark a structured discussion on the potential of data for new business models, I have, during the last few months, developed a new tool. Using trigger questions, the Data Canvas steers the discussion and makes it possible for all participants to get a clear overview of the available data and its potential for new business models.


Google Analytics & UX, Acquisition and Service Design Conference

Recently, I have published some guest blog posts:

Let me know what you think and what else you would like to read about.


What Do Lean Startups Do Differently?

25.10.2013 in Business DesignEnglish  von Katrin Mathis
Lean startup feedback loop: Build - measure - learn

75% of startups fail. What do the other 25% do differently? One approach aimed to make starting a company less risky that has become highly popular in recent years is lean startup. In 2004 Eric Ries coined the term drawing parallels to the lean manufacturing process at Toyota. Lean startup combines agile methods in software development with customer development. 


The Day I Fell in Love with Barcamps

25.09.2013 in EnglishEvents  von Katrin Mathis

It was on 22 May 2009. From my semester abroad in Mexico I had followed how some of my fellow students were organizing a barcamp at my university in Furtwangen. Last Sunday at Barcamp Stuttgart I met many friends I have made in the past four years. Reason enough to pick up Stefan Evertz's call for a blog parade on our first barcamp and to explain the fascination of barcamps.

Katrin Mathis, UX Konzepterin und Service Designerin aus Freiburg

Katrin Mathis
MBA in Service Innovation & Design und BSc in OnlineMedien berät seit über 10 Jahren Unternehmen, die digitale Transformation zum Nutzen ihrer Kunden einzusetzen.


Was andere sagen

Bei meiner Vorbereitung einer Vorlesung habe ich Ihre Inhalte entdeckt. Sie haben es drauf! Service Engineering und Blueprint finde ich nirgends so toll erklärt wie bei Ihnen!

Markus V. Burkat,
VMM Unternehmensberatung® und
Dozent an der FOM Hochschule